Flux Framework projects follow the Collective Code Construction Contract (C4.1) which describes an optimal collaboration model for open source projects, based on the GitHub fork+pull model.
In short, to contribute to a Flux framework project
- Fork the project.
- Clone your fork.
git clone email@example.com:[username]/flux-framework/[project].git
- Create a topic branch to contain your change.
git checkout -b new_feature
- Create feature or add fix, and add tests if possible.
- Make sure everything still passes
- Rebase your commits into digestible chunks, ideally without errors.
- Push the branch to your GitHub repo.
git push origin new_feature
- Create a pull request against flux-framework/[project] and describe what your change does and the why you think it should be merged.
- Each PR will be subjected to automated tests under travis-ci.org