Published: Apr 4, 2022 by flux-framework
Download from GitHub here
This release makes a few improvements that are visible in the flux-mini(1) command:
-N,--nnodesoption may be used without the
--exclusiveoption requests the allocation of whole nodes.
--requiresoption requests resources with generic properties.
Additionally, Flux system administrators should be aware of these changes:
- Named properties may be assigned to resources in the configured R.
- flux-shutdown(1) is now the preferred way to stop a Flux system instance.
- The default
- systemd-coredump(8) can now capture a Flux broker core dump. Consider enabling this on the management nodes of early access systems to help gather information on critical rank 0 broker failures, should they occur.
flux resource drainnow shows nodes as “draining” if they are still running work.
- Flux may be configured to reject jobs that do not run in a Flux sub-instance.
For more information, see the Flux Administrator’s Guide:
- add flux-shutdown command (#4250)
- add flux-dump and flux-restore (#4208, #4225)
- support for node exclusive allocations (#4245)
- add support for resource properties (#4236)
- flux-resource: support properties when listing resources (#4249)
- job-ingest: add TOML config (#4238)
- flux-dmesg: add –new option, plus logging cleanup (#4237)
- add ‘require-instance’ job validator plugin (#4239)
- job-manager: add builtin job duration validator plugin (#4224)
- sched-simple: set expiration of jobs with no duration to instance lifetime (#4223)
- flux-resource: differentiate drained vs draining ranks (#4205)
- librlist: support hwloc discovery of AMD RSMI GPUs (#4203)
- broker: reject remote exec requests on rank 0 (#4258)
- python: allow resource count of 0 in jobspec v1 (#4259)
- job-archive: use statedir path if dbpath is not set (#4260)
- content-sqlite: ensure that module load fails if initialization fails (#4265)
- job-archive: use statedir path if dbpath not set (#4260)
- broker: emit error when running interactive shell without tty (#4253)
- broker: add statedir attribute, drop content.backing-path (#4248)
- broker: prevent systemd restart if rc1 fails (#4246)
- flux.service: use StateDirectory for content.sqlite (#4244)
- rc3: ensure exit code reflects any errors (#4243)
- broker: don’t leave shutdown state prematurely (#4241)
- libjob: improve
- job-list: fix bugs in some error paths (#4233)
- broker: fine tune logging and enable core dump on SIGSEGV (#4231)
- kvs: always store empty directory object to content store (#4229)
- restrict access to content service used as KVS blob layer (#4216)
- content-sqlite: check that file has rw permission (#4215)
- broker: block SIGPIPE (#4211)
- shell: add hostname to a couple key log messages (#4200)
- python: add missing methods and improve efficiency of IDset class (#4209)
- systemd: set SyslogIdentifier to flux (#4206)
- misc minor fixes and cleanup (#4197)
- job-exec: fix more potential hangs after early shell failure (#4199)
- sched-simple: fix counting bug that can cause scheduler to fail after a restart (#4196)
- flux-top: add man page, minor bug fixes (#4194)
- broker: clean up shutdown logs (#4257)
- libsdprocess: minor fixups (#4252)
- job-manager: misc cleanup (#4232)